- Brass News
- Composition news
- Historical Performance news
- Keyboard news
- Percussion news
- Strings news
- Vocal news
- Woodwind news
- Support Us news
- Research news
There are no events to display.
Friday 25 July 2014
RCM Museum of Music: now open for longer
The RCM Museum of Music is delighted to be extending its opening hours this summer.
From 22 July to 22 August 2014 the museum will be open from 11.30am to 5.30pm, Tuesday to Friday. This will allow visitors greater opportunity to enjoy the 1000+ musical treasures it houses, including:
- The clavicytherium, believed to be the earliest surviving string keyboard instrument in the world
- Unusual instruments such as the serpent, contrabassophon and division viol
- Trombones owned by Elgar and Holst
- Ethnic instruments from across the globe
- Fine original portraits of Haydn, Boyce, Farinelli and many more
The museum has also introduced a new Children's Corner, with special displays and hands-on activities for younger visitors.
Admission to the RCM Museum of Music is free of charge.
Guided tours take place daily at 3.30pm and cost £4 per person (no booking required)
For more information visit www.rcm.ac.uk/museum