Applying for Artist Diploma in Chamber Music (String Quartet for 2017/18)
String quartets are invited to apply for the ArtDip in Chamber Music, commencing in September 2017.
Applicants are invited from existing groups fulfilling the following criteria:
- Performing regularly as a stable ensemble
- Developing a profile as an established quartet
- Able to demonstrate potential, and a commitment to the continuity and future success of the group.
- Prepared to act as ambassadors for the Royal College of Music (not only in the standards it upholds, but also the philosophy and approach to music-making and the desire to reach a wider audience)
- Able to provide evidence of regular performance activity
- Able to provide a portfolio of publicity material and or/ commercially available recorded material
- A desire to fully develop the potential of the ensemble through the opportunities provided by the Royal College of Music
How to Apply
Applicants will need to submit the following material:
- Completed application form (available below)
- Payment of the application fee of £130
- A covering letter which should include details of the longevity of the quartet, how long the current members have been in the ensemble, why you wish to undertake the course and what you hope to achieve, the activities you might see yourself being involved with and initiating whilst at College and a little about your philosophy and approach to music-making, performance and study
- Any current publicity material
- Any recorded material (CD, DVD, on-line clips)
- Two references
This material should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 31 January 2017.
Following short-listing, you may be called for a selection interview and audition. This process is likely to comprise the following:
- A short audition of two contrasting movements (or excerpts thereof)
- An interview
- A short coaching session on agreed repertoire
Auditions will be scheduled for early May 2017, so applicants should ensure that they will be available.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Application Form ArtDip Chamber (178 kb)