- Masterclasses & Workshops
- Lectures & Seminars
- Chamber Music Series
- Participatory Events
- Special Events
- Live Broadcasts
- Independent Promotions
- Prizes and Competitions
Concerts in London
Vocal Faculty Open Door
11:00am | 17 September 2017 | Parry Rooms
The Royal College of Music is delighted to announce 2017 date for the Vocal Faculty Open Door. This event offers singers the opportunity to sing to a panel of RCM vocal professors and to receive immediate feedback within a supportive and friendly environment.
Open Door is designed to assist singers in their decision-making and to help provide answers to key questions such as:
- Am I ready to apply now? If not, how can I improve?
- What course should I apply for?
- How can I maximise my chance of success?
Who is it for?
- People thinking of applying to the Royal College of Music to study any of our vocal or opera courses in 2017 or 2018 or at some point in the future.
What is on offer?
- A 12-minute slot, during which you will sing to senior RCM Vocal Faculty professors and receive feedback and advice, addressing any questions you may have
- You will be able to sing any two contrasting pieces of your choice
- An accompanist will be provided, or you can bring your own pianist should you prefer
- You will have the use of a warm-up room
What will I gain from the experience?
- Performance experience in front of senior RCM Vocal Faculty professors.
- Immediate feedback regarding your suitability for audition.
- Immediate feedback and suggestions on areas where you can improve, such as technical advice, languages, interpretation and presentation.
- Advice for potential undergraduates unsure of whether they should be applying to university or music college, or both.
- Help with your decision-making process regarding repertoire for auditions.
- Advice regarding what we are looking for in a successful applicant.
- Advice on how to maximise your chance of success at audition.
- Information on the courses we offer and advice as to which course might best suit your individual needs.
When and where does it take place?
- Sunday 17 September from 11am at the Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BS. If there is high demand and this day becomes fully booked there is a possibility that a second date of Sunday 24 September 2017 may be opened with limited availability.
How much does it cost?
- £30 – please note there is a £1.95 booking fee per transaction for online and telephone bookings
How do I book a slot?
- First, book a place via the RCM Box Office or call 020 7591 4314 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm).
- If you have limited availability and need to request a specific time, please contact email@example.com as soon as you have booked your place.
- Closer to the date, you will be contacted by a member of our team with your specific time slot and any practical details that you might need.
- The closing date for bookings is Monday 28 August 2017.
What if I have any more questions?
Available from the RCM Box Office 020 7591 4314 (Mon–Fri, 10am–4pm)