Make and learn more about music at the RCM
RCM Sparks is the Royal College of Music's groundbreaking Learning and Participation programme.
The programme provides opportunities for everyone to make or learn about music at the RCM and offers training for the next generation of music educators. This year RCM Sparks has ignited creativity in over 3600 members of the community and trained 190 RCM students and graduates.
Whether you are introducing young people or your family to classical music for the first time, or looking for inspiring ways to delve deeper, take a look at What's On and join us for an exciting musical journey.
Free or subsidised places
The core work of RCM Sparks is to widen participation in music. Therefore, our workshops aim to offer inspirational learning experiences for all regardless of financial means. We offer free tickets for young people and families to attend our events using the following criteria:
- Children who are eligible (whether claimed or not) for free school meals and their families
- ‘Looked-after’ children i.e. children looked after by the local authority or in foster care, and their families
- Families who live in social housing
- Families who are eligible for housing benefit
- Families who are eligible for working and/or family tax credit
- Families/individuals who are eligible for disability benefit
- Service families.
If these criteria apply to you and you would like to take part, then please take a look at What's On and contact the RCM Box Office on 020 7591 4314 (weekdays 10am-4pm) to make a booking.