Founded in 1882, The Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our excellence was recognised as we were ranked the global top institution for performing arts in the 2022 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
We are seeking to appoint a Technology Systems Administrator to join the busy IT team at the RCM, which supports over 1700 users based in South Kensington. The postholder will report to the Deputy Technology Manager and act as one of the main point of contacts for 3rd line calls. The postholder will support all aspects of the infrastructure with a major focus on Servers, Storage, Security, Cloud (Azure), Backup and Disaster Recovery.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and attributes:
• Experience of Microsoft Windows 10 & Windows Server Maintenance, Administration and Troubleshooting
• Experience of MS Office 365, MS Azure, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy Management, DNS & DHCP
• Experience of server hardware equipment, NAS Storages, Hyper-V, SCCM, Intune, Telephone VOIP Support (Mitel)
• Experience of PowerShell / Scripting
• Experience of performing infrastructure backups, restores and DR planning
• •Experience using infrastructure & cyber security tools, monitoring, patching, and maintaining infrastructure security
• Exposure to Administration and troubleshooting of HP network switches
• Excellent inter-personal and customer service skills, ideally in a similar internal support environment, with an approachable attitude and a genuine interest in IT
• Effective project management experience and skills with a keen attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in a world-class institution and to work with some of the most talented young people in the country. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the IT team to provide an effective user support service to the RCM’s staff and students. The postholder will also have a great degree of independence in their work, with a supportive management structure.
How to apply
For full details of this position please download the Applicant Information Pack above.
To apply, please complete the following forms, which can be downloaded from further down this page:
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
Completed forms should be returned by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources, Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BS. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
If you are applying by email, please state clearly in the subject line the title of the post for which you are applying.
If you need to receive this documentation in an alternative format please contact email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. All applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
The Royal College of Music is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Get in touch
For more information please contact Recruitment
Zuzana Klejova and Philippa Style
0207 591 4782 and 0207 591 4784