There are no events to display.
Supporter Engagement Officer
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 7 May 2019
Interview date: Friday 17 May 2019
Salary: £28,664 - £31,724 per annum
Job ref no: 402-19
This post is offered on a permanent, full-time, basis and is immediately available.
Founded in 1882, the Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world-leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. The RCM was named top institution for Performing Arts in the UK for fourth consecutive year in the 2019 QS World University Rankings.
The Development & Alumni Engagement Department (DAE) raises significant funds each year from individuals, companies, charitable trusts and foundations to support the RCM in its educational and artistic mission. Funding for scholarships is particularly important for the RCM. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we are currently able to offer over half of our students with some form of financial assistance towards their studies; through More Music: Reimagining the Royal College of Music, our £40m capital Campaign, we aim to increase scholarship provision by 2020 to support 75% of students. More details are available at www.rcm.ac.uk/moremusic.
The DAE department is seeking to engage a Supporter Engagement Officer. This position presents an exciting Development opportunity within a busy and successful team which has the full support of senior management and the RCM’s governing Council. A pivotal role in the DAE team, the postholder will:
- Maintain and develop the RCM’s regular giving programme through face-to-face, telephone, online fundraising initiatives and targeted appeals, aimed at lower- and mid-level donors; this is particularly important now we are entering the wider appeal phase of the More Music Campaign
- Help to increase donor participation rates
- Oversee the administration of and help grow the RCM scholarships programme
- Work closely with the Head of Supporter Engagement to set and achieve the annual income targets for regular giving
- Handle the relationship management and ensure excellent stewardship of all existing and prospective regular donors, especially scholarship donors
- Act as the main contact in the DAE office for students who are in receipt of financial support
- Maintain accurate Raiser’s Edge database records, produce reports on regular giving activity and income as required, and carry out financial reconciliation
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be well-organised, proactive and have a keen eye for detail. Previous experience gained in a fundraising or customer service-focused role would be advantageous. Good working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or a similar CRM database would also be highly desirable.
Please complete our 1) Application Form and 2) Equal Opportunities Form (available to download further down this page) and submit in PDF or Word format before the closing deadline for the post.
Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
CVs without an application form will not be accepted.
For full details of this position please click the below "Job Description" to read the full Applicant Information Pack:
Completed forms should be returned by post or email to Isabella Enstrom, HR Assistant (Resourcing, Learning & Development):
Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BS
020 7591 4784
If you are applying by email, please state clearly in the subject line the title of the post for which you are applying.
The Royal College of Music is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you need to receive this documentation in a different format due to a disability, please contact Isabella Enstrom to discuss your requirements.
All applicants must be permitted to work in the UK and hold a relevant work permit where necessary.