Founded in 1882, The Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our excellence was recognised by the 2022 QS World University Rankings, in which we were ranked as the global top institution for performing arts by Subject.
An exciting opportunity to join the small but dynamic Technology Team that supports the ICT Infrastructure within the Royal College of Music, which supports over 1,700 users based in South Kensington. The postholder will report to and assist the Business Applications Manager to support the maintenance and development of the College’s business applications, in line with the RCM’s overall Digital Strategy.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with system enhancements, software developments, technical projects, and upgrade of RCM Management Information Systems (MIS) including supporting and maintaining all desktop and web-based Business Applications.
Key attributes for this role include:
• Strong technical background in development and support
• High-level of experience in C#.NET Programming, ASP.NET Web Applications, .NET Console Applications, and SQL Server
• Experience of MS Visual Studio, MS SharePoint 365 Administration and MS Office 365 Applications
• High-level of experience in SQL Server including Configuration, Maintenance of Databases, Design, Table/View, Stored Procedure creation and analysis
• Experience of developing and maintaining interfaces between unrelated applications
• Be able to work independently and/or in collaboration during the development process, where required, to review with the team to achieve the best results
• Ability to explain technical issues and solutions to non-technical audiences
• Assisting the Business Applications Manager in creating, enhancing, and supporting business applications and providing advice on future development of these systems.
• Handle and route support calls from system users, adhering to ITIL Service Management processes and ensure an appropriate level of service management process is adhered to e.g., incident, problem and change control.
How to apply
For full details of this position please download the Applicant Information Pack above.
To apply, please complete the following forms, which can be downloaded from further down this page:
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
Completed forms should be returned by email to Human Resources at email@example.com or by post to Human Resources, Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BS. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
If you are applying by email, please state clearly in the subject line the title of the post for which you are applying.
If you need to receive this documentation in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. All applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
The Royal College of Music is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Get in touch
For more information please contact Recruitment
Zuzana Klejova and Philippa Style
0207 591 4782 and 0207 591 4784