Founded in 1882, the Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our excellence was recognised as we were ranked the global top institution for performing arts in the 2022 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
The College also holds a designated collection of over 15,000 historical musical instruments, portraits of musicians, early prints and drawings related to the history of British and European music. These are made available to the public in new spaces recently built with the support of the National Heritage Lottery Fund. They include a permanent display, a temporary exhibition area, a learning and engagement centre, a climate controlled performance space and a research centre with facilities for conservation and digitisation.
We are looking for an energetic and brilliantly organised administrator to support the activity of the department, manage the volunteer and collaborate in the delivery of an ambitious programme of activities, performances and research.
As our ideal candidate:
• You should have experience of working in a Museum and be familiar with ACE Accreditation standards.
• You should be a well organised, flexible person, able to plan in advance, work on multiple projects and adapt to unexpected changes.
• You should be a team-worker, able to be independently responsible for relevant projects, but also efficiently and empathetically support the activity of other members of the department and of the volunteers.
• You should have an interest in music and musical heritage.
• You should have excellent IT skills in the main MS Office applications, and particularly MS Excel, and be ready to learn other software/digital resources used by the department, eventually being proactive in suggesting organisational improvements.
• You should have experience of managing budgets and accounting.
How to apply
For full details of this position please download the Applicant Information Pack above.
To apply, please complete the following forms, which can be downloaded from further down this page:
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
Completed forms should be returned by email to Human Resources at email@example.com or by post to Human Resources, Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BS. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
If you are applying by email, please state clearly in the subject line the title of the post for which you are applying.
If you need to receive this documentation in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. All applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
The Royal College of Music is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Get in touch
For more information please contract Recruitment
Zuzana Klejova and Philippa Style
HR Assistant and HR Analyst
0207 591 4782 and 0207 591 4784