Founded in 1882, The Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our excellence was recognised by the 2023 QS World University Rankings, in which we were ranked as the global top institution for performing arts by Subject.
The RCM’s Marketing & Communications team is responsible for maintaining and developing the profile of the College as a world-leader in music education and has a strategic responsibility for overseeing and supporting all print and online communications (internal and external) ensuring quality and consistency in keeping with the RCM’s vision and brand.
The RCM is seeking to engage a Publications & Content Officer to join its Marketing & Communications department and lead on the production and delivery of the RCM’s extensive portfolio of print and online publications - including Upbeat, the Events Guide, Prospectus and Annual Review. The successful postholder supports the Marketing Manager to develop and enhance the profile and brand vision of the RCM internationally, nationally and internally through an extensive range of print and digital publications
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication and organisation skills and will be adept at contributing fresh and original ideas to enhance and strengthen the RCM’s brand vision
• Strong editorial skills, a good eye for detail and proofreading, and a passion for producing compelling print publications
• Excellent, engaging copywriting skills
• Experience of the entire print publication process, from initial concept and scheduling to delivery and distribution
• Good knowledge and experience in the process of digital publishing
• Confidence in juggling a busy work schedule and be excited at the prospect of working in an artistic environment
How to apply
For full details of this position please download the Applicant Information Pack above.
To apply, please complete the following forms, which can be downloaded from further down this page:
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
Completed forms should be returned by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources, Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BS. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
If you are applying by email, please state clearly in the subject line the title of the post for which you are applying.
If you need to receive this documentation in an alternative format please contact email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. All applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
The Royal College of Music is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Get in touch
For more information please contact Recruitment
Zuzana Klejova and Philippa Style
HR Assistant and HR Analyst
0207 5914782 and 0207 5914784