Parent & child holding hands
Some of your family members (known as ‘dependants’) may be able to apply to come and join you in the UK while you are studying on a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) Student visa at the RCM. 

Your dependants can be:

  • Your spouse or civil partner
  • Your unmarried partner
  • Dependent children of either you or your partner under the age of 18

You are currently eligible to apply to bring dependants to the UK if you are one of the following:

  • Studying a research-based postgraduate degree (i.e. our DMus / PhD programmes) lasting 9 months or longer.
  • A government-sponsored student on a course that lasts 6 months or longer.

You will need to be able to prove that you have enough money to support your dependant(s) during your course, without claiming public funds.

This is only a very brief summary of the rules on dependants. Detailed information on eligibility and how to apply for a dependant’s visa can be found on the UK Government website.

Find out more about dependants

Back to top