Since its opening in 1883, the Royal College of Music (RCM) has benefitted from the generosity of numerous donors who have enabled its work to grow and flourish through gifts in Wills. Providing around a third of our philanthropic income each year, each bequest gift to the RCM has helped us to become what we now are: one of the world’s greatest conservatoires.
If you choose to leave a gift to the RCM in your Will, whatever the size, you will be continuing to play a vital part in supporting the future of the music you love, for the enrichment of generations to come.
Once you have provided for your family and loved ones, please consider leaving a gift in your Will to the RCM. This will enable us to plan for the future with the ambition to match our world-class status. It could be the most transformative decision you ever make – and it need not cost you a penny in your lifetime.
How you can make a difference
Every gift, no matter the size, makes a difference, helping to ensure that aspiring musicians – regardless of their financial means – can continue to benefit from the outstanding opportunities we offer, not just now, but for years to come.
Legacy gifts can provide:
- Vital named scholarships for the most gifted students
- Inspiring masterclasses, residencies and visits from internationally acclaimed musicians
- Investment in new facilities
- New artistic opportunities
- Grond-breaking research, cutting-edge projects and collaborations involving digital technology
- Community and school-based projects with young people, pre-school to 18, through RCM Junior Department and its outreach programme, RCM Sparks
By leaving a gift in your Will, you will be helping secure the future of music for generations to come. Watch this video to find out more.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our in-house legacy specialist to discuss your wishes in confidence.