Applications for 2023-24 are now open for the Constant & Kit Lambert Junior Fellowship. The application deadline is 3 February 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a portfolio supported by a letter of application, which should indicate your suitability for the fellowship and your readiness to present yourself as an emerging professional.
Your application should contain:
- Letter of application addressed to the Director, stating clearly that you wish to apply for a Junior Fellowship. (NB students on the Artist Diploma programme at the Royal College of Music are eligible for Student Visas and so you do not need to include confirmation of permission to be in the UK).
- Curriculum vitae and biography of c200 words
- Proposal for a programme of personal study
- A budget outline. For budgetary purposes, you should assume that the bursary for living costs is £6,750
- A recording of a recent performance
- A publicity photograph
Find out more about portfolio contents
Applicants interested in this junior fellowship must complete a two-part application process, which consists of:
- An application portfolio (see below).
Applicants who have not applied for both components by the closing date will not be considered for this junior fellowship.
Full-time students going into their second year of study may also apply, and will need to specify in their application that they are applying for their second year of the programme.
Please note that the junior fellowships for students on the Artist Diploma in Performance and Artist Diploma in Composition programmes are not renewable, and may be held for one year only.
Submitting your portfolio
You should submit your portfolio online through the RCM submission portal. The information you upload to the portal does not constitute your entire application, but does form an integral part of it. You should ensure you have provided everything that is required. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
How to submit your portfolio
When using the submission portal you will be asked to create a user name and password, and to provide an email address. You should select 'junior fellow' from the list of programmes and the appropriate principal study instrument. There are no restrictions to the file size or type.
If you experience any problems uploading your portfolio please contact Lizzie Sambrook.